Hi there 👋
I’m a software developer and for the past one month, I usually try to work at least one hour a day on HIGHSCORE.domains
after my day job.
Since this is the first issue, here is a little backstory about Highscore domains 😁
Note: Here is what I did for this newsletter and I think I messed up 😭
- Signed up for Revue
- Imported all emails from the database to Revue
- There is an option GDPR Consent where I can ask to get consent from everyone before start sending emails.
- Then set up a custom domain - changelog.highscore.domains
- Then changed the custom domain - newsletters.highscore.domains
- At this point, I’m not really sure when I initiated the consent. I think I broke the links sent on the consent by changing the custom domain.
- Now I have resubscribed everyone back manually for each person hoping everyone got the mail again.
- I’m not really sure if you got the mail, how much mail broke, or if you are getting this email without confirmation. Please unsubscribe if this email is an unexpected entry in your inbox and you won’t hear from me again.
- I’m deeply sorry for this. I should test these more before trying them out in mass.
About HIGHSCORE domains:
I started working on few side projects earlier this year as a hack to improve my coding skills.
(hold your breath, it’s a long ride - first and for the last time! Future editions will be short and sweet. I promise 😇)
This soon lead to series of domain name purchases.
Right now I have 11 domain names which I thought was too much. (but later came to know I’m nothing compared to others who got hundreds of domains)
So the obvious instinct was to “let’s make a website to find out who owns more domains” 🤷
and hence HIGHSCORE.domains was born.